Dan Yeloff is a Director at FRA’s London office. Dan has over 12 years of experience in data analytics and operational research and has extensive experience applying data analytics techniques to detect and investigate instances of misconduct, corruption, fraud and other non-compliance issues.
Prior to joining FRA, Dan spent six years with Ernst & Young (EY)’s Forensic Data Analytics Team focusing on mis-selling of financial products, trader surveillance, conduct risk, contract compliance and the detection and investigation of fraud and corruption for clients in financial services firms and the public sector.
Before EY, Dan worked in the UK government, where his role included leading data analytics work in an anti-corruption unit detecting misconduct, and supporting subsequent investigations. He also worked with policy and operational teams using data to inform decision making.
- Investigation: analysis and testing of accounts payable transactions within a large utilities company to investigate potential misappropriation of assets.
- Disputes and litigation: data analytics and modelling work to inform the Expert Witness’s view in a tax dispute for a large public sector entity.
- For a UK retail bank, informed the response to a regulator on the misselling of financial products by leading a team providing an analysis of historical changes in the retail operation, and worked with the Bank’s external counsel to model and inform fine negotiations with the regulator.
- For a large global investment bank, led the data analytics work to provide evidence for the Bank’s response to a major investigation of manipulation of the FOREX markets, analysing billions of datapoints of trading and market data, informing the decisions of the Bank and its external counsel during the investigation.
- Trader surveillance – the design, build and operation of a trader surveillance system for the FOREX and commodities business of a large global investment bank. Reviewed the trader surveillance system of a large European investment bank, set up in response to a ‘rogue trader’ matter.
Dan has an Ecology degree from Leeds University, a MSc in Environmental Science from Cranfield University and a PhD in Physical Geography from the University of Huddersfield. He is a native English speaker and has a basic knowledge of Dutch.