Shaf Sohail is an Associate Director in FRA’s London office with ten years of experience, investigations, disputes, and disgorgement calculations.
Recent engagements include:
- A disgorgement and fine calculation analysis for Petrofac, including presentations to the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO), in the lead up to the company’s £77 million fine relating to historic allegations of bribery and corruption in the Middle East
- Supporting a multinational IT service and consulting company investigate allegations of accounting misstatements in its US subsidiaries
- Assisting a medical devices company investigate whistleblower allegations of channel stuffing, improper revenue recognition, and other sales misconduct
- An independent asset tracing report for an arbitration panel to identify any bribery and corruption issues in relation to a cross border dispute between parties in the beverages industry
- Assisting a global medical device manufacturer headquartered in India with a time-sensitive investigation into allegations of bribery and misconduct in its Turkish subsidiary
- Ongoing disgorgement and fine calculations for multiple global companies requiring representations to the US Department of Justice (DoJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission, and UK prosecuting authorities
Shaf was also part of the FRA team supporting Airbus in a multi-year forensic accounting and eDiscovery review within the context of the company’s multinational investigation, reporting to four investigative authorities: the SFO, the DOJ, the US Department of State and French Parquet National Financier.
Prior to joining FRA, Shaf worked in the investigations team at a boutique litigation firm and, prior to that, in the forensic team at KPMG based in London. Shaf has also spent over six months on secondment in the investigations team at a multinational oil and gas firm with a focus on bribery and corruption investigations.
Shaf is a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW) and has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Royal Holloway, University of London. Shaf is conversational in Bengali.