Christophe brings more than 4 years of experience in accounting, auditing, banking, and finance in Lebanon and the UAE. Christophe has detailed experience and knowledge of financial systems and processes within the sector, from collecting and analysing financial data to developing forecast models.
From his accounting experience in the region, Christophe has a strong understanding of cultural business practices and norms, which he combines with proficient language skills in Arabic, English and French. Additionally, he has worked with and understands many of the specialist accounting software used throughout the financial services sector. In his previous job, Christophe worked as a Financial Accountant in an online trading company, where he built a strong knowledge in trading analysis, reconciliation of accounts, preparing financial statements and reporting to the CFO.
He has a BBA from the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik – USEK as well as forensic accounting and fraud certifications from West Virginia University and Regulatory Compliance from University of Pennsylvania.
Relevant experience includes:
- Conducted due diligence, remediation plan and client file reviews for a large private bank and assisted in reporting to Dubai Financial Services Authority
- Experience in corporate compliance monitorships appointed by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) to serve as independent compliance monitor;
- Assisted with performing a detailed calculation forensic review identifying PPP loan excess.
- Document review findings, ensure awareness of conclusions and assisted in preparing presentations of findings for Compliance, AML and Business management;
- Identified improvement changes regarding key process for internal controls and accounting procedures.