Weng Yee Ng is a Partner at FRA. She holds over 20 years of experience in external and internal audit and forensic accounting. She specializes in investigations from start to settlement, evaluating and building compliance programs, risk assessments, disgorgement and penalty calculations, and litigation support (both civil and criminal).
Weng Yee has conducted work globally – including more than six years in-country in Malaysia – leveraging her language skills, industry knowledge and cultural understanding to achieve success for her international clients. Over her extensive track record of complex global matters, she has built particular expertise in US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) monitorships, disgorgement and penalty calculations, procurement fraud matters, third party due diligence, pre- and post-acquisition transaction, anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) reviews.
Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Investigations Forensic Accountants and Global Leaders, Weng Yee is described as “a fantastic forensic investigator”, as well as “very personable and able to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company”.
Weng Yee recently supported Swedish-Swiss multinational ABB in reviewing and enhancing its internal controls as part of remediation discussions with the DOJ. She has also worked on several corporate compliance monitorships, including supporting oil and gas company Total with a compliance review of their global operations in order to report to a DOJ-appointed monitor in the context of an FCPA settlement.
Weng Yee was part of the FRA team supporting Airbus in a multi-year forensic accounting and eDiscovery review within the context of the company’s multinational investigation, reporting to four investigative authorities: UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO), the US Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Department of State (DOS) and French Parquet National Financier (PNF). Weng Yee’s team focused on a risk assessment and evaluation of the company’s ABC global compliance program.
Other representative experience includes:
- Leading two compliance monitorships for a medical devices company and a financial systems manufacturer respectively, both with global presence, requiring multiple site visits and reporting to the SEC and the DOJ.
- Leading multiple investigations globally including for a Brazilian petrochemical company, a CAC 40 automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM), an energy construction project in Southeast Asia and others.
- Leading a proactive anti-bribery and corruption review for an international bank, as well as multiple pre- and post-acquisition due diligence reviews for businesses in various industries.
- Conducting a global third party due diligence for a large mining equipment manufacturer.
- Conducting a profit disgorgement and settlement negotiation (with the DOJ) for a multinational IT company.