How should your company respond to the GDPR enforcement regime?
As part of GDR Insights 2020, FRA Founding Partner Frances McLeod and Partner Simon Taylor, give their views on the rapidly changing data environment, and how companies should respond to the GDPR enforcement regime. Read the full chapter now and see how you can navigate this complex and everchanging landscape.
What are the key issues and next steps you need to know about GDPR?
In this article, we will cover a broad range of GDPR issues and offer next-steps on how your business should respond to this complex environment.
- Overview of the data landscape
- Fines and penalties under the GDPR
- Recent examples of regulatory and public scrutiny
- Investigatory response to the altered landscape
- Impact of the GDPR on a forensic examination or litigation
- Managing conflicts of law in a post-GDPR global investigation
- Misuse of data
- The importance of a meaningful compliance program and remediation plan
- Developing and executing a remediation plan
How can we help you navigate the complex GDPR landscape?
With growing public and political will supporting aggressive regulatory and criminal enforcement, it is important to recognize the value in conducting forensic investigations both to provide affirmative evidence that any breach or misuse is anomalous and nonsystemic and to set foundations stones for remediation plans and compliance programs. Get in touch to see how we can help you navigate this complex landscape.