Jorge is an Associate Director at FRA in the Forensic Accounting Team based in London.
He has over 9 years' experience in sectors such as oil and gas, automotive, aerospace and healthcare where he conducted fraud and corruption investigations across multiple jurisdictions, prepared expert analyses in the context of international arbitration and litigation, supported compliance monitorships, performed disgorgement calculations, conducted external audits and supported public finance transformation projects.
Jorge’s recent experience includes:
- ICC arbitration involving a large shipping group. Jorge supported an expert report for the defendant which required the review of corporate financial records, financial accounts and regulatory settlements to identify red flags consistent with fraud and corruption.
- UK High Court case supporting a consumer goods company in an audit negligence claim against a Big Four company to recover approx. £500m. Jorge provided complex financial modelling support.
- Investigating whistleblower bribery and corruption allegations within the North African, Middle Eastern and Asian businesses of a medical device manufacturer.
- US DOJ monitorship related to Dieselgate. Jorge evaluated the company's technical compliance and risk management environment, and evaluated the transformation of its compliance program.
- Northern Ireland High Court case involving an aerospace manufacturing company claiming damages from breach of contract. Jorge advised on the use of statistical sampling methods.
- Investigating whistleblower allegations that revenue was overstated and costs were undervalued with respect to a multi-national aerospace company’s long-term manufacturing projects.
- Performing complex disgorgement calculations for a pharmaceutical company in relation to settlement with Brazilian authorities.
Before joining FRA, Jorge worked at EY for five years where he led finance transformation projects, built macroeconomic analysis tools and advised on the design, implementation and monitoring of two economic policy programs relevant to funding agreements with the IMF for a major African oil-producing country.
Jorge has a degree in Economics and post-graduate studies in Business Administration from ISCTE Business School in Lisbon, Portugal. He is fluent in Portuguese, English and has basic knowledge of Spanish.