Rim Belaoud is a Manager based in FRA’s Paris office. She has 6 years of experience in consulting and has worked on various compliance engagements with a focus on data analytics. Her expertise lies in data collection and integration, extraction of non-structured data, data cleaning and formatting, as well as data modeling and visualization.
Prior to joining FRA, Rim has worked 5 years as a data consultant for a Big 4 accounting firm, where she was responsible for designing data-driven approaches for compliance projects.
Rim has extensive experience in integrating and processing all sizes of datasets from different ERP systems. As part of some investigation engagements, she has worked on consolidating multiple files coming under different formats. This included extracting, formatting, integrating and analyzing the datasets. She has also experience in transforming unstructured data (pdf, images) into usable structured files.
Rim has experience in the banking sector. She assisted a large systemic bank in the conception of its group AML scoring model, including:
- Definition of a group risk scoring methodology for a financial crime client rating model
- Data cleaning and determination of a sampling approach to create a representative training dataset of the bank’s portfolio
- Econometric analysis and development of machine learning models to determine the risk factors’ weights
- Simulations on production data and support of the bank’s entities in the understanding and adoption of the financial crime client rating model
- Model documentations & response to audit recommendations (ACPR and FED)
In a separate engagement, she assisted a French retail bank in the implementation of transaction monitoring scenarios and fine tuning of the scenarios’ thresholds via statistical analyses and prototyping
Rim also managed the data stream of a remediation program on 22 African and middle eastern entities of a large bank. This involved monitoring of non or wrongly monitored transactions due to SIRON setting issues, and audit of the SIRON feeding chain (on 3 different core banking systems: AMPLITUDE, SAB, TEMENOS)
For a French luxury fashion house, she was the coordinator on a master data management architecture project, and was responsible of managing multiple streams of the project cross border.
Rim holds a Diploma in Mathematical Modelling Engineering from The National Institute of Applied Sciences in Toulouse. She is also a certified AML expert (ACAMS).