FRA Partner Jerry Hansen recently spoke to Corporate Disputes Magazine, giving his insights on M&A disputes. Featuring in the October – December issue, he participated in the Q&A alongside other experts, including Nallini Puri, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Samantha Trevan, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Neil Blake, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, and Noelle M. Reed, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
The panel experts discussed some of the key questions surrounding M&A disputes, including:
- What are the key trends and developments within M&A disputes in recent times?
- What types of disputes have been most prevalent?
- What are the recurring themes that are driving conflict?
- What are some of the recent M&A disputes which have proved to be particularly notable in terms of how they were conducted and ultimately resolved?
- What resolution methods lend themselves to M&A disputes?
- What additional challenges do multi-party or multi-contract structures bring to the process?
- What steps can companies take at the initial stage of a transaction – and throughout the process – to help avoid a dispute further down the line?
- What steps can you take to prepare to resolve an M&A related dispute?
- What are the critical issues parties need to consider?
- How will M&A disputes unfold in the months ahead? And;
- What trends and developments are likely to dominate this space?