Rob Mason is a Partner in FRA’s London office. Rob joined FRA in 2014 after 20 years working at top-tier investment banks.
Since joining FRA, Rob has acted as expert in a range of cases including litigation, arbitration and regulatory enforcement in the United Kingdom, Europe, Japan, China and the United States.
While in investment banking, Rob’s roles included the modelling, structuring, pricing, trading, risk management, and valuation review of complex structured products across all the major asset classes. For almost a decade, Rob was a managing director heading trading desks and leading strategic valuation reviews.
Since joining FRA, Rob has worked on a range of engagements including:
- Testifying as expert in litigation in the London Commercial Court between an investment bank and investors regarding the sale of complex structured products (Haider Abdullah vs. Credit Suisse,  EWHC 3016 (Comm))
- Expert report presented to Chinese authorities on the trading activity of a proprietary high-frequency trading firm in the context of allegations of market manipulation
- Expert valuation of a portfolio of commodity derivatives and physical commodity inventory in the context of a post M&A dispute in a Dutch arbitration
- Expert report for the Tokyo District Court on the impact of fraud in Olympus Corporation’s financial statements on its share price pre and post disclosure
- Expert analysis of trading activity for a financial institution in the context of a UK Financial Conduct Authority investigation into potential market abuse
- Preparing and presenting to the US Department of Justice an analysis of a multi-national engineering company’s ability to pay a penalty in the context of alleged FCPA violations
- Preparing and presenting to the US Department of Justice an analysis of a major investment bank’s profit on a portfolio of structured products in the context of alleged FCPA violations
- Analysis of the creditworthiness of a financial institution to assess the recoverability of a settlement in the context of a potential appeal from the London Commercial Court
- Analysis of a company’s financial statements to provide impact assessments for a range of settlement amounts in the context of an FCPA settlement
Rob has an MA in Mathematics from Cambridge University.