Ben Walter is an Associate Director in FRA’s London office.
Ben has over nine years' experience in forensic accounting and external audit, during which he has worked on complex cross-border cases involving fraud and corruption, regulatory and internal investigations, disgorgement and fine calculations, litigation and forensic due diligence. He has worked across a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, consumer, energy and natural resources, healthcare and IT.
Recent engagements include:
- Working alongside external counsel for an AIM listed beauty company to conduct a forensic investigation into issues identified by the company’s external auditors.
- A disgorgement and fine calculation analysis for Petrofac, including presentations to the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO), in the lead up to the company’s £77 million fine relating to historic allegations of bribery and corruption in the Middle East.
- Assisting a global medical device manufacturer headquartered in India with a time-sensitive investigation into allegations of bribery and misconduct in its Turkish subsidiary.
- Supporting a multinational IT service and consulting company investigate allegations of accounting misstatements in its US subsidiaries.
- Providing expert forensic support to a large oil and gas company in a $2 billion litigation, involving a complex damages calculation and modelling different scenarios based on the legal arguments.
Ben was also part of the FRA team supporting Airbus in a multi-year forensic accounting and eDiscovery review within the context of the company’s multinational investigation, reporting to the SFO, the US Department of Justice, the US Department of State and the French Parquet National Financier, and culminating in Airbus' landmark €3.6 billion global settlement.
Prior to joining FRA, Ben worked in the Forensic Investigations and Disputes practice at Deloitte in London and, prior to that, in the Corporate Audit team at Deloitte in Bristol.
Ben is a Chartered Accountant (ICAEW) and has a First Class Bachelor of Science degree in Geography from the University of Bristol.