Rob Mason is a Partner in FRA’s London office. Rob joined FRA in 2014 after 20 years working at top tier investment banks. Since joining FRA, Rob has provided expertise on a range of cases including litigation, arbitration, criminal and regulatory enforcement in the United Kingdom, Europe, Japan, China and the United States. While in investment banking, Rob was a managing director heading desks trading structured options and financing on stocks, equity indices and funds. Rob is experienced in modelling, structuring, pricing, trading, risk management, and valuation review of complex structured products across all the major asset classes.
Rob’s representative experience includes the following:
- Expert report and testimony in litigation in the London Commercial Court between an investment bank and investors regarding the sale of complex structured products (Haider Abdullah vs. Credit Suisse,  EWHC 3016 (Comm))
- Expert report for the Tokyo District Court on the impact of fraud in Olympus Corporation’s financial statements on its share price pre and post disclosure
- Valuation of a portfolio of commodity derivatives and physical commodity inventory in the context of a post M&A dispute in a Dutch arbitration
- Expert witness statement relating to the funding of Qatari investment in Barclays filed with U.K. criminal court in relation to charges against former Barclays executives
- Expert report to Chinese authorities on the trading activity and algorithmic software of a proprietary high-frequency trading firm in relation of allegations of market manipulation
- Review of fairness opinion provided to a company’s special committee of independent directors in the context of a proposed merger
- Review of costs and revenues models for service contracts in the context of criminal charges against a former company executive
- Review of expert report on the materiality of false disclosures by a company in the context of criminal charges against a former executive
- Preparing and presenting to the U.S. Department of Justice an analysis of a major investment bank’s profit on a portfolio of structured products in relation to alleged FCPA violations
- Preparing and presenting to the U.S. Department of Justice an analysis of a multi-national engineering company’s ability to pay a penalty in relation to alleged FCPA violations
- Preparing and presenting to the U.K. Serious Fraud Office an analysis of a company’s ability to pay confiscation and a fine in relation to criminal charges under the Bribery Act
- Analysis of profit and loss on a multi-billion dollar portfolio of FX derivatives for a major aerospace company in the context of a global settlement relating to bribery allegations
Rob has an MA in Mathematics from Cambridge University.