Anton Gubkin is a Senior Associate in FRA’s London office. He is a forensic accountant with experience in dispute related matters. Anton has worked on cases in industries ranging from chemicals to the banking sector, in CIS, Baltic and East European countries.
He was engaged in the following expert witness work:
- Drafting of the rebuttal expert report on 4 cases of loans misappropriation in a major Russian bank, total value of USD 150 million.
- Drafting of the expert report on the loss of equity portfolio (over USD 1 billion) of a sovereign country using statistical methods.
- Drafting of cash tracing report on the sale of insurance business valued at USD 100 million.
- Cost verification, revenue, and peer group analyses in USD 100 million damages report for a leading Russian IT company.
- Verification of reimbursable costs in amount of over USD 100 million and calculation of performance penalties for defects claim related to Far Eastern ore processing plant.
- Drafting of macro-economic background, financial performance, and related party loans sections in EUR 80 million investment treaty related banking case in a Baltic state.
- Reconstruction of financial statements and consolidation of over 60 legal entities with balance sheet value of over USD 1 billion in memorandum on debt securities valuation of a major Ukrainian agribusiness.
- Verification of East European avionics supplies related expert report, total value USD 5 million.
Anton has over 20 years of financial, internal audit and consultancy experience with international and local companies in Russia. After 3 years at PwC he went on to lead US GAAP reporting for VEON and later progressed in various financial roles in telecom, food industries culminating with 2 year career as Head of Internal Audit of one the largest Russian retail groups.
Anton is a Fellow Charted and Certified Accountant (FCCA), Member of Charted Institute of Internal Auditors (UK) and a Certified Internal Auditor(CIA). Anton has a Bachelor (Hons) degree in International Economics from Polytechnics University of St Petersburg in Russia.