FRA was founded on the basis of our experience in complex, long-tail financial transactional analysis, and we have developed a strong expertise in advising clients on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) issues, performing extensive Asset Tracing exercises, advising on Sanctions and embargo violation investigations, and providing expert witness testimony in Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) cases.
We have been examining compliance risk management in relation to the Banking Secrecy Act (BSA), AML and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) for several years. Our experience extends to risk assessments and statutory reviews, benchmarking against international best practice, and tailoring our recommendations to jurisdiction-specific requirements and local regulations.
We have guided clients through every phase of identifying financial crime threat patterns: trends, typologies, and correspondent banking activities. By extracting and analyzing large data sets, we provide insight and recommend enhancements in various areas:
- Independent reviews and risk assessments of AML/CTF programs
- Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Customer Due Diligence
- Know-Your-Client (KYC) measures
- Determining Beneficial Ownership
- Suspicious transaction monitoring arrangements
- Financial crime risk identification, mitigation and management
- Quantifying the economic impact of risk
- Whistle-blower procedures
- Organizational culture and misconduct
- Responding to Regulators